Pertussis Vaccination of Pregnant Women
We are currently offering the Pertussis vaccine (Whooping Cough) to all women who are 28 – 38 weeks pregnant. For further information go to http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/Pages/whooping-cough-vaccination-pregnant.aspx
We are currently offering a Shingles Vaccination to all eligible patients. To check eligibility please contact reception.
Seasonal Flu Vaccinations
Our seasonal flu campaigns start mid September each year when we receive the vaccines. We try to contact all eligible patient to invite them to attend our flu clinics which run until mid October each year. If you do not hear from us, and normally receive a flu vaccine please give us a ring and book an appointment.
Below is a list of patients eligible for the Flu Vaccination:
- Anyone over the age of 65, or those with
- Children who have been previously admitted to hospital with lower respiratory tract disease
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic renal disease
- Immunosuppression due to disease or treatment
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease, stroke or TIA
- Patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and other degenerative diseases of the Central Nervous System (CNS) including dementia
- Patients with a learning disability
- Pregnant women
- registered patients who are a carer to a family member or friend
Influenza vaccination should also be offered to those living in long stay residential and nursing homes or other long stay facility and to carers of elderly or disabled people whose welfare may be at risk if their carer falls ill.
Flu vaccine for children
Please see attached link for details of the flu vaccine for children. www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/Pages/child-flu-vaccine.aspx
This vaccine is available for children in year 13 (upper six) at school, or students that are ‘Freshers’ at university and are under 25years of age. The national school programmme will be vaccinating school age children in year 9 or 10.
Please see the link below for more information on eligibility http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/men-acwy-vaccine.aspx